How softly you tiptoed into my world, so silently, only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footsteps have left upon my heart.
Crap! No really, crap!
Connor is ready to be potty trained. He knows when his diaper is wet or dirty. He can get his diapers out of the cabinet. He knows where the wipes are. It's definitely time. And I am sooooo tired of changing diapers.

I have a short book that teaches how to potty train in 3 days. 3 DAYS!!! Holy cow! That's fast. Dr. Phil says you can do it in 1 day. (I think. It's really fast, though.) We bought Connor a potty. Just for him. We tried to get him to sit on it and he would scream. Bloody murder. We would try to sit him on the big potty and he would scream. Bloody murder. Hmmm. This is not going well.

I asked Em if she had any ideas. She said to make a really big deal out of Connor having his own potty. We did. I felt like a total idiot. Still do. He sat on it!! Fully clothed, but he sat on it.

Sunday, I was able to get him to sit on it with no clothes on before he went to bed. Another big step I think. He still hasn't pottied in it, but we are getting there. I'm not pushing it because the daycare won't start potty training until he is two and that isn't until the end of July.

Last night I got him to sit on the potty several times. Again he was naked. We were getting ready for bed. He pointed at his wee wee and said potty. He never did. We went back to his room to get dressed. Do you know how hard it is to get an almost 2 year old to get ready for bed? I finally got him to come over and stand in front of me when.....Plop...Plop. That's right!!!! HE CRAPPED ON THE CARPET!!!! If we had stayed on the potty a few seconds longer we would have had our first success.

The joys of motherhood.

Then to top that off, right before I put him to bed, for the first time without coaching he told me he loved me. He said, " I puv chew!" and gave me a big hug. Yeah. I cried liked a big loser again.

|