How softly you tiptoed into my world, so silently, only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footsteps have left upon my heart.
What I Really Want to Do
As anyone could imagine, since Queen lost her son she has been surfing the net. She has been reading blog after blog about pregnancy and infant death. She is a link clicker. She has showed me many resources that I wish I had had when Garrett passed away.

For about a year I have wanted to find some way to break into the hospital(s) in the area and be some sort of support to the families in the NICU. The medical staff is great, but they haven't all been through what the family is going through and they have a job to do. Sometimes it is good to just have someone there who can put things into laymen's terms or empathize with you. I never had that.

Queen showed me The Tiny Miracles Foundation site. I thought I was going to pass out. That's what I want to do. How did they do that? I have to know. So, today I am writing a letter to those ladies to ask how they did it. Queen and I have decided we are going to start Atlanta Preemie (working name, I don't like it) in the Metro Atlanta area. You all need to know that I will be hitting you up for money. That's what non-profits do. This should be really exciting.

Hold on all you preemie parents! Help is on the way!

|