How softly you tiptoed into my world, so silently, only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footsteps have left upon my heart.
We Roll Every Other Month
Yesterday I suffered through a test I would prefer to never have again. This test I had was a hysterosalpingogram. I still can't pronounce it so I call it by it's abbreviation, HSG. Basically I laid down an a table and hiked my legs up while they inserted a speculum then a catheter into my cervix. After it was inserted they blew up a tiny balloon so that it wouldn't fall out. The radiologist said I would feel a little pressure. Really doc? It felt like my insides were going to come out. Then he pushed some contrast into my uterus and took a series of pictures. They also look to see if the contrast goes through the tubes and spills into the abdomen. He turned me from side to side while he took pictures.

I thought it was pretty bad. They kept telling me to take deep breaths during the test. Kind of like when you have a contraction and you're told to breathe through it. When I got back to work I told my
bff about it but said she probably had it worse when she had her cerclage. She said nope, she had a spinal for her cerclage and couldn't feel anything from the waist down. Not fair.

When he was done he said that it looked like one of my tubes is blocked. At this point I don't know exactly what that means. I mean, I know that means that I'm only able to conceive every other month with the good tube. My next doctor's appointment is Thursday morning. Hopefully we will get a plan of action then.

I still have not told my family what we are doing. I slipped a couple of weeks ago before I went to my first appointment and my mom asked me a hundred questions. I just don't want to have to tell her every time she asks that I don't know what is going on. I don't know when I will tell them what is going on. Any assvice would be appreciated.

I will continue to post my story here as long as you all are willing to read. I hope that someday I am able to help someone who is going through the same thing.

On another note, I am planning on moving this blog. Before I do, I would like a new name for the site. I started this site as a resource for others going through the preemie and NICU roller coaster, but it really has been about that so I don't think the name fits. Let me know what you think the new name should be.

Labels: , ,

|