How softly you tiptoed into my world, so silently, only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footsteps have left upon my heart.
BFFs?
Updated to add: This afternoon my friend sent me an email that said they were very busy and both were fighting being sick. I don't know what I think about that.

You know what bothers me about women? We are so threatened by other women. Why can't men have friends that are women without their wives freaking out and telling them they can't be friends anymore?

I have a guy friend who got married right before Christmas. We have been friends for 14 years. He was there my first day of college and, surprisingly enough, was at my college graduation 14 years later. He's been through a lot with me and I count on him to be there when I need him. (I'm not just a taker, I'm there for him, too.)

I met his new wife a week before they got married. That in itself worried me. Why didn't we meet earlier? He always explained to the girls he dated that he had this friend.... He was talking about me. I think our relationship is hard to explain to others until you see us together. Dh calls him my boyfriend as a joke because we always went to hockey games when I came home to visit. Now I call him dh's boyfriend because they started hanging out when we moved home.

At the wedding she made a couple of comments that made me think we weren't going to be talking much. He had promised me when I talked to him about my concerns before the wedding that that wouldn't happen.

We have emailed a couple of times since the wedding and talked about getting together. He travels a lot and we've been really busy. However, I emailed him last week and still have not gotten a response. I thought maybe he was busy so I waited until today. Still no response. So I called his cell phone on my way home - the number is no longer good.

So this is what I am left to think: his new wife told him he couldn't be friends with me anymore. Why else would I not have heard from him? Am I just being paranoid?

So tell me, what do you think?

Labels:

|