How softly you tiptoed into my world, so silently, only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footsteps have left upon my heart.
They say it's your birthday...
And today is my birthday. 33 years. I don't feel a bit different than yesterday.

It's very rare for me to have a good birthday. I think my expectations may be too high. It also goes back to my family not making a big deal about birthdays. It was just another day. The only perk is that you didn't have to do your chores.

Today, I would like to thank my mother for ruining my celebration.

We went out to eat yesterday with my family. She yelled at me at the very beginning. This following a comment about a week ago that I should up my Prozac. Ummm, not on Prozac mom. Anyway, it wasn't really a yell. Just a couple of comments in that stern voice, motherly look kind of way. My response was, "Thank you mother."

She won't apologize because I'm sure she doesn't think she did anything wrong. Nor does she remember it.

The really bad part is that dh tried really hard to make this year special. Thanks mom, appreciate you ruining everything. After work today (yes, I work on my birthday) dh is taking me to get a massage and then we are going to dinner. At least that should be nice.

Labels: ,

|