How softly you tiptoed into my world, so silently, only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footsteps have left upon my heart.
Money, Money, Money, Money
First, let me apologize for not posting after my doctor's appointment Thursday. I was a little upset and came home with a migraine. It was actually day six of my migraine. Last night I was at my nephew's high school graduation. So, I've left you all hanging, but not because I meant to. I'm sorry.

The doctor confirmed that I have a blocked tube. He said it could have been because I was cramping and the muscled spasmed or it could have been that it is actually blocked. Like I said earlier, because of that we only have a chance of getting pregnant every other month. We just don't know what months those are.

So with that said, these are the options he laid out for us.
1. Do nothing. That's what we've been doing and it hasn't worked so far.
2. Take
clomid. The cost for that would be the cost of the medicine. Then we're supposed to have correctly timed intercourse. His words not mine.
3. Take clomid. Get a shot of FSH. I am supposed to have a couple of ultrasounds to make sure the clomid is not thinning the wall of the my uterus. Then I would get a shot of HCG. Then have correctly timed intercourse. This would cost about $500.
4. Do all of number 3. Then have dh's sperm washed (that gives me visions of the doctor holding one little sperm in between his fingers and holding it under the kitchen faucet) and inserted into my uterus. (IUI) The cost of this one is $1000. There is an 18% of getting pregnant and a 20% chance of having multiples.
Do you see a pattern forming?
In-vitro fertilization. (IVF) This cost between $12,000 and $15,000. This would give us a 50-60% chance of getting pregnant with a lower chance of multiples.
6. Try to unblock my tube with a procedure similar to the HSG. Would probably be covered by insurance and may or may not unblock the tube.
I called my insurance company to see what kind of infertility treatments they covered. That would be none. Nada. It would all come out of our pockets.
So we are left to make a decision. What do we do? Do we take the jump and spend all or our money? I thought we didn't have the money until dh reminded me about a mutual fund we have. I don't know what to do. I know what I would do if money were no object, but that's only in a perfect world. We are military and I thought they might cover it, but no on that one too. I did talk to my brother who is military and his wife is an orthopedic PA. She talked to me a while about it and my brother said he would think about our money situation. He used to work for the Surgeon General of the Army. He knows people.
I have not told anyone else in our families. I'm not looking forward to all of the questions every day.
So that's where we are. We're still trying to make a decision. Any suggestions are gladly accepted. We are also taking donations. Let me know if you want to send us some money.