How softly you tiptoed into my world, so silently, only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footsteps have left upon my heart.
News and Thoughts
We spent our first day of vacation in Miami, FL. It was quite weird. We went to Publix a couple of times. It's a grocery store. I've never been any where in the United States that looked more like I was in another country. More than half of the items in Publix were in Spanish. I thought Miami was still a part of the U.S.

***************************************************************************************

The cruise ship was absolutely incredible. We were on the Freedom of the Seas from Royal Caribbean. It is the largest cruise ship on the ocean. Our suite was very spacious. We could definitely tell it was larger than the other ships when we walked from one end to the other.

***************************************************************************************

Wednesday morning while I was off the boat and waiting on DH and weeman we received an emergency call. My brother-in-law passed away the night before. So much for our great Caribbean vacation.

***************************************************************************************

DH left the next day to return home and then back to his parents' place. That left me alone with weeman on the boat for three days. It was quite interesting.

***************************************************************************************

Don't ever fly standby with a 3 year old. Especially when you are trying to make sure you are at a funeral the next day at 9 am. They really don't understand that you can't get on the plane if there aren't any seats.

***************************************************************************************

When you aren't Catholic and you attend a mass it all seems strange. It was also strange to see the coffin draped with the United States flag when you know the person in it hated being in the military.

***************************************************************************************

This was my first visit to my in-laws in 3 years. It's hard for me to be there since that is where all the events of my angel happened. Top that off with the death of their son and it wasn't the most pleasant trip.

***************************************************************************************

My mother-in-law acts like we haven't lost a child. When I told her things would get better, not easier, but better she said it wouldn't. She told me you get better from a cold not from this. Don't you think I would understand what she is going through? She also said that she didn't have any family near her to lean on. She tried to put a guilt trip on DH because we don't live close. I explained that she has a sister that lives across the driveway and her parents are about 2 miles away. She said she can't depend on any of them.

****************************************************************************************

How does a 32 year old man have a sudden heart attack and die? The whole thing doesn't make any sense. It's also amazing how much DH and I learned about what has been going on with his family. Now it would be nice if they would just share some of this information with him. He is all they have left. They are going to have to depend on us. We will be the one's to take care of them.

Labels: , ,

|