How softly you tiptoed into my world, so silently, only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footsteps have left upon my heart.
It's here
I just returned from the airport after dropping off my boys. They are going to The in-laws for my brother-in-law's wedding. I made the decision a little over a year ago that I wasn't going. The wedding is the day before my angel's birthday. We were visiting them when my water broke. Most of September is very hard for me to deal with. I don't think anyone truly understands that.

Dh finally told his mom that I wasn't coming last week. I don't think she was very supportive of my decision.

The bride and groom have been engaged since January of '06. When I found out the wedding was in September (not the actual date) I asked if they would possibly move it considering the circumstances. The answer was that decisions had already been made (no money spent) so they couldn't move it. The wedding was 19 months away.

About 6 months after that I found the actual date. I knew then there was no way I was going. I had to make sure I took care of myself. I just didn't realize that packing my baby and watching him leave would be so hard. It was like someone took my heart when I saw him walking through the airport.

Labels: , ,

|