How softly you tiptoed into my world, so silently, only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footsteps have left upon my heart.
Change of Tide
I received a call Monday from a very good friend of mine. We have been friends since college. The only friend I have from my first years in college. He is the only guy friend that I am still friends with since I got married. When I was living in DC, I would come to visit my family and he and I would always go to a hockey game. Dh jokes that he is my boyfriend.

With the phone call came the news that he is engaged. They are getting married this December. I've wanted him to get married for a long time, but I'm having mixed feelings about this. Every time a guy friend of mine gets married I lose him as a friend. The wife seems to tell the guy friend they can't be friends with me any longer.

I'm happy that he has found someone to spend his life with. I just hope I don't lose him as a friend.

Labels:

|