How softly you tiptoed into my world, so silently, only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footsteps have left upon my heart.
Decisions
I watched Grey's Anatomy tonight. It's one of my favorite shows. Except for the incorrect NICU problem, this particular show really hit home.

No one should ever have to make the decision to take a family member off of life support. I should know. I did it. I made that decision for my son. "George" did it tonight for his father and it made me end up in a puddle in my favorite chair. While you know you are doing the best you can for your family member, it still doesn't make it any easier for you.

I held my baby boy while he spent his last 55 minutes on this earth. I don't wish that on anyone. The decision we made to take my little boy off of life support I don't wish on anyone either.

To all of the parents that have had to make this decision, God bless you. No one knows the anguish you went through to make that decision.

|