How softly you tiptoed into my world, so silently, only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footsteps have left upon my heart.
Dating Anti-christ
Do you know what a dating anti-christ is? No? Well, it's that person that made you become someone you are not. No matter how many times you tried to get out they could pull you back in. Even now, no matter how long ago you quit dating, they can pull you back in when you start thinking about where they are and how they are doing.

I fell deeply in love with this guy I dated my senior year in high school. He treated me like I was a queen. We had made plans to stay together while I was at college. (He was two years younger than I was.) The summer before I left he did everything he could to get me to break up with him. I just didn't realize it. Then the cycle started. He did anything you can think of to get me to leave (I don't know why he didn't just dump me) I wouldn't go anywhere. Remember, I was deeply in love. When I came home for Spring Break he finally broke up with me and told me he had been seeing someone else.

I spent the next three months trying to get him back. How humiliating. Finally he said that the past year and a half had been a joke and that pretty much did it for me. I found out that summer that the whole time we had been dating he had been doing and selling drugs. I was so naive. I also found out that while I was at school he was out partying and sleeping with whoever came around.

It only took me nine months to get over this "wonderful" guy. Wouldn't you know as soon as I got over him he called me out of the blue. And the cycle began again. Luckily I met my husband shortly after he started to mess with me again.

It has been eleven years since I have seen or heard from this guy. I thought he had moved away to never be seen again. The funny thing is that the radio station I listen to has started finding people's dating anti-christs just to see how they are doing. I had considered doing that until I got fired. I don't listen to the morning show anymore.

My nephew and I were shopping for band camp last week and I saw the back of this person and I thought, hmmmmm, no way! He went one way I went the other and we came almost face to face. IT WAS HIM!! What would you have done? Hi how are you? What are you up to now? Wouldn't you want to know how well you had done for yourself.? Well, I turned around and ran. I RAN! I'm sooooo ashamed.

My question is: What the hell was he doing at Target? That's my store. I go there at least once a week. Is he back in the area? What if I run into him again? See how they pull you back in.

I'm such a loser. I should have just faced him and said YOU SUCK!!

|