How softly you tiptoed into my world, so silently, only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footsteps have left upon my heart.
How often do you change the air filter?
My father taught me a lot about taking care of the house, cars and stuff like that. I'm pretty good at being independent, but I like to let my husband be manly.

How often are you supposed to change the air filters for your air conditioner? At least every six months unless you buy the 30 day filters. Then you should change the filters every 30 days. My dh was doing a great job of checking the filter every 30 days (even early he said) to see if they needed to be changed. What he neglected to remember is that we have two air conditioners. So he hadn't checked one of the air filters and when he did it was black with dust and dripping wet.

He changed the air filter. Then we figured out that the air conditioner was frozen. We turned it off. That didn't work. We turned the heat on. That unfroze the air conditioner, but it still wasn't cooling the house.

Now, understand that the temperature on Sunday was 98 degrees and today it is 96. The air conditioner that is broken controls the air in all of our bedrooms. Needless to say, it's hot and stuffy in the bedrooms.

We called the after hours number and no one called back. This morning they said they would be here between 3 and 5. Most likely after 5. It's 5:17 now and they are not here. I think we are going to be sleeping in the floor of the den tonight.

Labels:

|