How softly you tiptoed into my world, so silently, only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footsteps have left upon my heart.
Happy Memorial Day

I realize that some of you reading may be against the war. That is your right to feel that way. Hopefully, you still support the troops.

Both of my grandfathers were in the Army. My brother is career Army and is headed to the war in July. My oldest nephew joined the Army last summer and is headed to the war in December. My husband is in the Army Reserves and has already spent a year in Iraq.

As you can see, the military runs deep in my family.

No matter how you feel about the war, the men and women of our armed services are some of the bravest that I know. So, when you crank up your grill today, remember those who are not with their families. Remember those who have given their lives for the freedoms that we have.

The next time you see a service member, stop and thank them for serving. It's not an easy job.

Labels: ,

|