How softly you tiptoed into my world, so silently, only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footsteps have left upon my heart.
How do you like to spend your Saturday nights? I don't mean from 8-11. I mean from midnight to 7 the next morning. How do you like to spend that time? In the emergency room? Me too.

When dh came home from the baseball game I was still awake. He laid his stuff down and said, "Now don't freak out." I'm not sure that's the way I like for conversations to be started.

Apparently on his walk to the car he got dizzy and his left side went numb. He said he felt like he was drunk even though he hadn't been drinking.

I sat down with WebMD and looked up the symptons. The second two options were stokes. His dad had a stroke when he was in his early 50s. Not a good history. We just kind of looked at each other and then he told me he didn't want to go to the ER. I told him to call the insurance nurse line. When the doc called back he said he should go to the ER.

This next part kills me. Weeman was of course in bed and already asleep so dh wanted me to stay home with him, and he was going to call me if there was any news. Is that not the craziest thing you have ever heard? I got weeman up and off we all went to the ER.

After waiting an hour and weeman not going back to sleep, I called my mother. Both she and Dad came. Dh was upset that I had called them. I needed them to take weeman home, though. They stayed for a few minutes and then they left with weeman.

After waiting for about two or so hours, we were finally called back. He had an EKG--it was normal. He had a CT scan and it was normal. They checked cardiac enzymes and they were normal. Apparently he was faking. They sent us home with instructions for him to take an aspirin everyday and follow up with a neurologist.

I spent most of the night sitting in a chair. I did climb in to bed with dh for about an hour until he kicked me out. Thanks honey.

That was my exciting Cinco de Mayo. And I never got a drink. The hospital near us is the slowest I have ever been in. I wish we had gone downtown like I had mentioned. Oh well, we'll know better next time.