How softly you tiptoed into my world, so silently, only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footsteps have left upon my heart.
My own little pity party
You have been warned. This is my pity party. You may feel free to roll your eyes if you like. I don't care. I need to vent.

Today was the last class day of the semester. I have 5 finals to take. The first is Saturday, I have 3 on Monday and my hardest will be Wednesday.

The Monday after Thanksgiving I had two projects due and the Wednesday after that a 5 page paper. I worked my butt off for a good amount of time in November on the two projects. Both of the professors for those classes wanted us to check our work as we went along so I couldn't wait until the last minute to do all the work. The week of Thanksgiving I worked on the projects Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Thursday I spent with my family and Friday I went shopping. Saturday and Sunday it was back to the projects.

Business Analysis I had no real problem with except that I almost forgot to write the summary until Sunday afternoon.

The Accounting project was kicking my butt. I had to email a classmate to get his help. I finished the main part of the project Saturday. I worked on the rest of the project Sunday and finished it Sunday night. I knew the write up for the project was not the best it could be, but I was running out of time and I needed to print everything out for class the next day.

Today I received the grade for my Accounting project. I got a 75. Apparently when I printed out everything (you have to print out 2 copies of everything so you will have a copy when we go over it in class) I had paper everywhere. The printer ran out of ink. It was crazy. I just wanted to go to bed. In the end I stapled the wrong things together. Because of that, I lost 8 points off my grade.

That was the very last thing that happened in my school day. I got that grade. Talk about a buzz kill.

I work hard. I have never had to study very hard to get good grades and this accounting class has been very hard for me. I believe I will get a B in the class, but still. I worked hard on the project and got a C. I do the best I can to try and be perfect. (I'm a perfectionist.) I know I can't do everything right for my dh so I have stopped trying.

I feel like my family has given me very little support with my effort to go to school. They all talk about how easy my life is because I only go to school on Mondays and Wednesdays and I don't work. I don't feel important anymore. The studying and homework I do is hard work. I just want to feel appreciated and like what I do is important.

AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! That's better. See, I told you. My own little pity party.

|