How softly you tiptoed into my world, so silently, only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footsteps have left upon my heart.
Memories
Why is it that there are some memories that you never want to lose and those are the ones that fade the fastet, and the memories you wish would long be forgotten are forever etched in your mind?

A few weeks ago I was reading a friend's blog and read about a sad story. (February 21) I clicked the link and was surprised to read about a woman who had experienced the loss of her son that was eleven days old. ELEVEN DAYS OLD! The same age as Garrett when he passed. SInce I read her entry about her son passing I have been keeping up with that blog also.

Her post from this weekend made me cry. The emotions that were stirred up were like being there with her. A lot of what she said I can remember saying or thinking. How do you leave your son when all you want to do is pick him up and take him home? I remember looking at Garrett's casket and being surprised at how small it was. You don't even think about those kinds of things.

The worst part of losing an infant is trying to find someone who has been through the same thing. Someone who understands. That can help you grieve, or allow you to grieve the way you see fit. All of the good intentioned people say the right things, but they don't understand. People who lose children that are 16 years old, they don't get it either. They had time with their child. And I'm not trying to belittle what they have been through, but it's not the same.

Memories just suck sometimes.

|